ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Calibration, testing, analysis and validation of mobile navigation systems and mobile applications based user applications
- Setting up system test and exhibitions venues/places for testing, evaluation, and commercial trials
- Occasional ambulatory collection of geospatial data via handheld device at various locations
- Constantly connect with relevant teams/stakeholders to provide feedback on system tests and customer trials
- Identify methods of improving existing techniques, methods, and processes
- Communicate effectively to the relevant teams
- Perform necessary documentation of carried out work and any related work
- Project management where necessary to monitor the project progress and complete required milestones
- Support other staff members where required
- Travel within UK and Europe for supporting any technical demos, tests, customer meetings etc.
All employees are expected to contribute to the overall success of the organisation by performing requested duties regardless of explicit inclusion in the job description or reasonable relation to an employee’s primary role.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Ability to be on your feet and walking/climbing stairs throughout the day while holding mapping equipment
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good communication skills, both user facing and internal stakeholders facing
- Ability to document and present your work to different levels of audience
- Comfortable with learning and handling new technologies (both hardware and software.
- Experience in field data collection, photogrammetry, and testing
- Education in Geography, Cartography, GIS, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Programming, CADD Systems Training, Survey, or relevant Geospatial disciplines
- 1 to 3 years of mobile applications system/user test experience
- Knowledge of GPS and Mapping systems
- Experience with relevant test tools
- Ability to design and execute test scenarios for mobile applications in a laboratory and real environments
- Familiarity and experience of using different path-finding and localisation applications such as Google/Apple maps, Transit, Waze, Moovit, Citymapper, etc.
- Technology background and/or handheld sensor operation experience
- Must reside in or be willing to travel to the London metropolitan area on a daily basis
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Ability to lift and hold (up to 5 pounds) throughout the workday
- Physical fitness and endurance levels necessary to sustain testing various locations everyday
- Ability to commute to London underground, trains and bus stations and comfortably work outdoors and underground (60-80% worktime onsite)